A vacation can hardly feel complete without experiencing a few of the delicious dining establishments unique to the area. We encourage you to relax to the fullest while staying in Captiva and try a few - if not all - of the following recommendations. The first five of these establishments are under common ownership and details, including menus can be found here. All are in easy walking distance.
- Key Lime Bistro is our favorite for dinner and very close by. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are offered with a very extensive menu of seafood, pasta, chicken and meats. Outdoor and indoor dining at a moderate price level. Try the “Chicken Voodoo.”
- R C Otter’s is across the street from Key Lime. Breakfast lunch and dinner offered with a casual menu. Indoor and outdoor dining at moderate prices. We favor the Eggs Benedict, omelets or pancakes for breakfast, or any burger for lunch.
- Cantina Captiva offers Mexican food and is pretty good. Indoor and shaded patio. Inexpensive.
- Sunshine Seafood Cafe and Wine Bar specializes in seafood, but actually has a pretty varied menu.
- Latte Da offers great coffee and rich homemade ice cream. C’mon, you’re on vacation…
- The Mucky Duck is on the Gulf beach at the end of Andy Rosse Lane. Very popular for lunch, and for dinner before or after sunset. Outdoor or indoor dining, at moderate prices. Try the grouper sandwich or fish and chips.
- Doc Ford’s Rum Bar and Grille is about one-half mile north of the house in the Chadwick’s Center. The drinks and appetizers are pretty good, although the entrees are reminiscent of Applebee’s. Outdoor and indoor dining, reasonable prices.
- The Green Flash is a little more formal than the others and is open for lunch and dinner. Outdoor and indoor dining overlooking the bay. A pretty extensive menu with somewhat higher prices, but worth a visit.
- The Bubble Room appeals to the kids for the over-the-top decorations and enthusiastic wait staff. You may be forced to go, but don’t expect good food or service. However, they do make great desserts, which you can order as take-out and eat at home.
Click here for our favorite Sanibel restaurants.
Many island restaurants (Captiva and Sanibel) do not accept reservations for smaller parties, so call and check. This is most important in the high season.
With a location as inspiring as Captiva, it's only natural that artists are commonly drawn to the area to share their talent with the locals and visitors. At night, you can find quite a few establishments that feature local singer and songwriters, including:
- R.C. Otters's Island Eats: offers nightly concerts
- The Crow's Nest Lounge (located at the 'Tween Waters Inn): offers music and dancing
- Keylime Bistro: offers a great patio and often features top musicians.