What to Pack
Plan ahead – and pack casual – because both Sanibel and Captiva are very casual. After all these are Florida beach towns! You might want a nice sun dress or two for going out to dinner, but shorts and shirts are good almost everywhere. But as with packing for any vacation, you should create a checklist of things to bring. How often have you arrived at your destination, only to realize you forgot your toothbrush?
- Casual outfits - shorts, t-shirts, sun dress etc.
- Socks, underwear, delicates etc.
- You might want bring a light jacket or long-sleeve shirt for the evenings, especially from December - April, when nighttime temperatures can dip into the 50s.
- Comb / Brush
- Deodorant / Toothpaste / Toothbrush / Floss
- Shampoo / Conditioner / Soap
- Bath Towels
- Hand sanitizer
- Razors / Shaving cream
- Sunscreen / Lotions
- Glasses / Contact lens supplies
- Personal hygiene supplies
- Aspirin / Pain reliever
- Cold medicine
- Any specific prescription medications you may have
- Credit / Debit cards / Cash First aid kit (travel size)
- Camera / Video camera / Charger
- Cell Phone / Charger
- Laptop / Tablet / Charger
- Umbrella / Poncho
- Travel alarm / Watch
- Address book
- Travel journal