If you’re planning a wedding on Sanibel Island, Captiva Retreat is the perfect resort for a wedding party or your honeymoon. Our beach house has all the accommodations you’ll need to help you relax before, during, or after your wedding day. Just call us and make a reservation. Our house books up fast throughout the year, so make your reservation in advance to secure your spot.
Sanibel Island Destination Wedding Checklist
Having a wedding on Sanibel Island or Captiva Island will require some strategic planning. This area is a favorite destination wedding spot along the Gulf Coast. So you’ll need to schedule all of your reservations several months out to ensure that everything goes smoothly. Here are some items to consider:
● Sanibel or Captiva Island Vacation Rental
● Local wedding stores and what products or services they have to offer
● Chapel-by-the-Sea wedding chapel in Captiva
● Local photographer, videographer, DJ,
● Florist and Decor
● Bakeries, restaurants, or dining halls
● Hair, nail, skin, and makeup salons
Here’s What You Need to Know for a Beach Wedding
Sanibel Island is the ideal romantic setting for large and small weddings. Here are some guidelines for anyone who wants to have a wedding on the beach.
● Florida residents are subject to a three-day waiting period when registering to get married in Lee County. There is no waiting period for non-residents.
● Wedding parties can hire clergy, notary public, or court clerk to officiate the wedding.
● You can apply for a special event permit at the Sanibel/Captiva City Hall.
● Wildlife seasons (such as tern or turtle nesting) may limit when or to what extent you can have a wedding.
● There are facility, equipment, and supply limitations on the beach or other public areas.
● Check out our website for the Captiva Retreat guidelines for large group (up to 8) reservations.
Captiva Retreat Accommodations
Captiva Retreat was built with couples, families, or large groups in mind. There are plenty of accommodations and amenities to make your stay with us relaxing and memorable. The 2200 square foot single-unit home features three bedrooms, three full bathrooms, queen-size beds, a living room, and a private den area. High-speed Internet Wi-Fi is available along with large HDTV flat screen TVs.
In addition to all the standard facilities, the home also offers a wrap-around screened porch with comfortable furnishings and tables. Kids will love their bedrooms and toys that are in the rooms and out on the porch. The kitchen is fully stocked with high-end appliances, cooking utensils, and dinnerware.
Plan Your Wedding with Captiva Retreat
Captiva Retreat resort has everything you need to complete your wedding weekend or honeymoon trip. You’ll love how close it is to the beach as well as all the venues, restaurants, and attraction on Sanibel Island. To make a reservation, call us at 952-225-0310. We are Captiva Island’s #1 resort.